To provide all guests with superior hospitality through food and beverage knowledge while upholding the policies and principles of the Audubon Nature Institute.
Report to work in a complete uniform according to Catering Department policy
- Smile, make eye contact and speak clearly
- Insure that you are always anticipating the guests’ nee• Be conscientious of breakage costs and prevention
- Make sure silverware returns to the kitchen, and not in the trash
- Do your part to help with food and beverage costs, and waste, by being mindful of portions and not removing items before guests have finished
- Prior hospitality, or banquet, experience preferred but not required
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
Environmental/Working Conditions *
- Active Work: exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. May involve sittingsome of the time, but will involve walking or standing for lengthy periods of time.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.