The Member Services Cashier is responsible for providing exceptional service and exhibiting a positive attitude to co-workers, members and visitors onsite and by telephone. The Member Services Cashier is knowledgeable about all aspects of the membership product, takes a proactive approach to sales and assists in department efforts to maintain and grow the member base.
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality
- Effectively communicates the value of membership using expert knowledge to potential members and existing members to encourage the purchase or renewal of an Audubon membership.
- Effectively sells/communicates the benefits and value of membership to prospective members while retaining current members through membership renewal initiatives.
- Adheres to established ANI and department uniform standards and reports to work at scheduled time and promptly begins work.
- Provides assistance in service office when necessary.
- Attends all mandatory training sessions.
- Adheres to service standards as set forth by Audubon and Member Services, including Audubon Employee Handbook, and Service Standards.
Weave quality entertainment through the guest experience (required)
- Acknowledges Audubon Members as a special support base and extends extra friendly service with a smile, communicating the daily shows and chats when possible and going the extra mile at all times to exceed member expectations.
- Greets, directs, and assists members and guests in an upbeat, optimistic and welcoming manner using their name when possible.
- Handles and resolves all member situations with a positive attitude, utilizing resourcefulness and tact.
- Stays abreast of Audubon happenings, events, and facility information in order to remain current on policies and events and to be a reliable and accurate source of information for members.
Operate a financially self-sufficient collection of museums and parks.
- Thoroughly complete membership application and related forms, providing accurate and legible information to the processing department.
- Manage daily cash, check and credit card payments at front gate, sales cart and by telephone while adhering to Audubon’s Cash Handling policy. Closes all daily sales accurately, notating any discrepancies clearly.
- Maintains the quality and integrity of ANI member information through accurate record keeping, information gathering and data entry.
- Utilizes computer system, cash register and sales cart to perform service and sales duties. Responsible for maintaining a highly organized, neat and professional workspace. Stocks office, cart and booth with necessary supplies and incentives.
- The above listed duties are general statements of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. They do not exclude other duties as assigned.
To deliver on the Audubon service promise, the Member Services Cashier will:
- Make eye contact with every customer encounter, smile at every person, offer friendly phrases and greetings.
- Wear identification badge.
- Walk individual to destination instead of pointing; offer assistance to people who look confused.
- Assume ownership of potential safety hazards (wipe-up spill, pick up trash). Always have the camera-ready look.
- Maintain positive attitude, pleasant tone of voice (remember it is not what you say, but how you say it).
- Coach coworkers on service expectations.
- Utilize the power of teamwork to give excellent service.
- Know when to involve management.
- Know the answers to questions or seek out the answers.
- Utilize proper phone etiquette (answer phone within three rings, smile before answering call, ask for permission and wait for response before placing caller on hold).
- Ensure work area is free of food, drink, socialization, and personal business.
- Follow Dress Code Policy on clothing and grooming.
- Keep unpleasant concerns behind closed doors (vent backstage).
- Previous customer service and cash handling experience required.
- Must be able to follow high customer service, quality and image standards.
- Positive attitude, enthusiastic and upbeat.
- Basic math, spelling and typing skills necessary. Good penmanship necessary.
- Willingness and ability to work weekends, holidays and special events as necessary.
STEP INCREASES or be determined by length of service and performance evaluation scores.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelors preferred
Basic computer abilities preferred.
Must have the ability to use mobile devices, computer, fax, scanner, phone and copy machine.
- Medium Work: exerting up to 45 pounds of force occasionally, or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. May involve sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.