Pleasantly greets every visitor who enters the store; assists all customers with merchandise selection and check out transactions; handles all monetary transactions; request donations at the registers; maintains neat, clean and organized store; assists with merchandising and annual inventory; must be friendly and enthusiastic and demonstrate outstanding customer service to both internal and external customers.
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality
- Greet every customer that comes into the stores.
- Assist all customers with shop purchases in a friendly, helpful manner.
- Identify and report any computer problems or incorrect pricing to supervisor or manager.
- Wear proper ANI uniform; clean and pressed.
- Identify safety concerns to supervisor or manager.
- Handle all customer service matters promptly; notify supervisor or manager immediately.
- Handle confidential communications and matters as required.
- Thank each customer as they leave.
- Answer the telephone promptly, politely, and professionally.
- Adhere to all ANI policies.
Weave quality entertainment through the guest experience
- Maintain a clean, neat and organized store.
- Assist with merchandising new product for maximum sales.
- Merchandise as needed to refresh existing displays.
- Assist with putting out merchandise that is delivered daily to the stores.
- Ensure that guests are greeted when they walk into the store.
- Remain knowledgeable in daily presentation and general ANI information in order to answer guests’ questions and/or direct them to the appropriate place for information.
- Communicate merchandise needs and/or requests to the supervisor or manager.
- Report on equipment malfunction with vendors; penny machine, photo booth, etc.
Operate a financially self-sufficient collection of museums and parks
- Carefully handles all monetary transactions and follow proper cash handling procedures and POS operation.
- Help prepare and assists with annual inventory.
- Ask each customer for $1 donations at the register.
- Assist with loss prevention in stores, with special focus on heavy group days.
- Identify and communicate challenges to the supervisor or manager.
- Accurately and quickly reconcile all receipts at the end of each shift.
The above listed duties are general statements of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. They do not exclude other duties as assigned.
To deliver on the Audubon service promise, the Gift Shop Associate will:
- Make eye contact with every customer encounter, smile at every person, offer friendly phrases and greetings.
- Wear identification badge.
- Walk individual to destination instead of pointing; offer assistance to people who look confused.
- Assume ownership of potential safety hazards (wipe-up spill, pick up trash). Always have the camera-ready look.
- Maintain positive attitude, pleasant tone of voice (remember it is not what you say, but how you say it).
- Coach coworkers on service expectations.
- Utilize the power of teamwork to give excellent service.
- Know when to involve management.
- Know the answers to questions or seek out the answers.
- Utilize proper phone etiquette (answer phone within three rings, smile before answering call, ask for permission and wait for response before placing caller on hold).
- Ensure work area is free of food, drink, socialization, and personal business.
- Follow Dress Code Policy on clothing and grooming.
- Keep unpleasant concerns behind closed doors (vent backstage).
- Heavy Work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Must be able to stand a minimum of 8 hours a day.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
Supervision: Not applicable
Experience: Six months of retail and cash handling experience preferred.
Education: High school diploma required.
Licensure/Certification: Not applicable.
Software Requirements: Not applicable.
Machinery/Tools/Equipment Requirements: Must have the ability to use mobile devices, computer, fax, scanner, phone and copy machine.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.