December 10, 2016
Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium celebrates the holidays with activities and treats for the entire family...and remember, admission is FREE for Audubon members!
- Test your knowledge of "winter bugs" with our GUMDROP HUNT. Look high and low for the gumdrops to answer the questions. Pick up game cards in the lobby and turn them in at the Metamorphosis Lab to enter for a prize.
- Meet Santa Claus in HALL OF FAME at 10:30 am, 12:30 pm, 1:30 pm and 3:30 pm
- Join Santa for a buggy reading of a favorite poem, The Night Before Christmas in HALL OF FAME at 11:30 am and 2:30 pm
- Sample HOLIDAY TREATS such as Peppermint Cricket Bark, Bug Nog and Fruit Fly Cake
- Get a buggy balloon in the LOBBY from 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm
- Have your face painted from 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm in HALL OF FAME
- Get your portrait done by a caricaturist from 11:30 pm to 3:30 pm in HALL OF FAME
- Meet PUPA NOEL in METAMORPHOSIS LAB—check out his sleigh and 8 tiny Beetle-deer. He will be "hanging around" all day!
Jingle Bugs offers the perfect way to start off the holiday season right. Guests will have a chance to meet Santa, attend a unique insect-themed reading of The Cajun Night Before Christmas, and make one of a kind bug ornaments. Staff entomologists will teach guests how various insects survive the chilly holiday weather. Also, guests will want to stop by Bug Appétit where they will be able to sample some deliciously hoppy holiday treats. Second Saturday in December. 1 day event.
Sponsorship Levels: $500 - $1,000
Audience: Area families with children
By attending this event you consent to Audubon Nature Institute's Photography Policy.