The Guest Services Supervisor is responsible for managing the Guest Services Department under the direction of the Guest Services Manager. The Guest Services Supervisor will be responsible for the day to day operation of the department, as it relates to coaching and managing all Guest Services staff. The Guest Services Supervisor is responsible for assuring that the staff is providing outstanding Guest Services to all guest.
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality
- Supervises and trains Guest Services Staff
- Assist Guest Services Manager with weekly staff work schedules
- Schedules employee meal breaks
- Develop information newsletter to all Zoo Users
- Organizes office supply inventory and orders supplies
- Produces departmental checklists and monitors daily camera ready report
- Assist with employee engagement activities and incentive programs
- Supervise group check-in processing
- Assist with professional development plans of staff
- Supervise front gate special events admission and processing
- Monitor cash handling audits
- Handles confidential communications as required
- Creates and implements new ideas to motivate and educate staff
Weave quality entertainment through the guest experience
- Professionally address guest feedback/complaints
- Monitors and regulate Guest Services staffing needs throughout the day
- Maintains data records for equipment including: Carousel, Train, and Cool Zoo
Operate a financially self-sufficient collection of museums and parks.
- Monitors and is accountable for employee selling techniques and sales
- Maintains ticket system, radio, and uniform inventory
- Authorizes voids/refunds as needed
- Orders departmental supplies
- Assist Guest Services Manager calculate payroll
Supervision: Manages the Guest Services & Attractions Staff
Experience: One year supervisory experience required
Education: High School Diploma
Licensure/Certification: Driver’s license required
Software Requirements: Working knowledge of Computer Systems and proficiency in software applications- MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
Machinery/Tools/Equipment Requirements: Must have the ability to use mobile devices, computer, fax, scanner, phone and copy machine.
- Sedentary Work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. May involve sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.