The Catering Administrative Assistant works closely with the Clubhouse Catering Manager and Clubhouse F&B Team by providing both business and administrative support.
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality
- Accurately and efficiently screen phone calls, forward and filter messages
- Field and respond to email inquiries for Clubhouse special events and dining room reservations as directed by Catering Manager and Food and Beverage Manager
- Collect and distribute incoming and outgoing mail as well as all other correspondence
- File and organize paperwork, documents and computer-based information
- Maintain and update Preferred Vendors list as directed by Catering Manager
- Maintain office space and keeping reception area tidy
- Respect confidentiality in discussing visitors, clients, tenants, staff and organizational matters
- Exercise good judgment in recognizing the scope of authority.
- Maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishments.
- Take initiative to complete projects and duties as assigned.
Weave quality entertainment through the guest experience
- Conduct site tours and walk-throughs
- Act as liaison with clients, suppliers and departments; work closely with team to ensure productivity
- Organize and maintain department Event calendar(s)
- Be self-motivated, professional, and highly disciplined with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Work both independently and in a team; strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintain Professional Business Casual Appearance
- Required to work as needed/scheduled and work flexible schedules.
Operate a financially self-sufficient collection of museums and parks.
- Assist in preparing proposals and invoices as directed by Catering Manager
- Prepare and manage deposits in point of sale software with Catering Manager and Food and Beverage Manager
- Indirectly supervises Service Personnel
- Minimum of 2 years customer service or administrative experience, preferably in the events or catering industry
- High school diploma
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Delphi and OpenTable Reservation Software.
- Must have the ability to use mobile devices, computer, fax, scanner, phone and copy machine.
- Sedentary Work: exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. May involve sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.