The Member Services Data Entry Specialist supports the mission of Audubon Nature Institute by processing gift entry for the Member Services Department utilizing Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge. Reporting to the Member Services Processing Manager, the Data Entry Specialist maintains the quality and integrity of Audubon Nature Institute’s donor database, seeks efficient processes, proactively communicates relevant training issues to both the Processing Manager and Sales Manager, and performs duties in a timely manner within specified deadlines
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality.
- Recognize the fundraising departments, and the Finance department, as the primary internal customer or guest.
- Embrace Audubon Nature Institute’s mission and the department’s mission of financial stability through donor support and consistently communicate this to internal and external customers in a positive, enthusiastic manner.
- Enter Member Services gifts accurately and efficiently according to departmental standards in The Raiser’s Edge.
- Acquire expert knowledge of and apply appropriate Campaign, Fund and Appeal codes.
- Verify correct spellings of streets/cities/states and zip codes by communicating with appropriate staff (by phone, fax, or e-mail), calling the member/donor directly, utilizing office zip code reference books, phone books, etc.
- Update names and addresses as reflected on membership renewal notices, gift slips, tickets, etc.
- Utilize various ways of checking for and eliminating duplicate records.
- Prepare and make deposits. Make copies and maintain filing system.
- Charge/Credit memberships as needed.
- Process and balance membership payments received through on-site, gate, office and the bank lock box.
- Respond in a positive manner to those in authority.
- Maintain a highly organized and professional work environment.
Weave quality entertainment through the guest experience.
- Understand the big picture of why gifts are entered as they are.
- Approach all tasks with positive, optimistic attitude.
- Understand that technology changes swiftly; remain open to new ideas and streamlining processes.
- Actively identify procedures that increase processing efficiency and productivity.
- Be willing to adapt to change as we are always looking for ways to improve service.
Operate a financially self-sufficient collection of museums and parks.
- Be knowledgeable of how data entry impacts card printing, finance reports, acknowledgement letters and related tasks.
- Assist with the in-house printing and mailing of cards and renewals. Coordinate with outside mailing partners to schedule mail prep and delivery of large printings of cards and renewals.
- Check and double check accuracy before handing work over to the Processing Manager.
- Be fully trained as a front-gate cashier in order to act as a substitute for this position as needed.
- 2-4 years of data entry experience and computer training required, with an emphasis on efficiency, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Highly motivated, self starter.
- Team Player.
- Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized with exceptional multi-task management skills.
- Excellent follow-through on assigned tasks.
- Sensibility to deadlines, ability to set project timelines.
- Proven decision making and problem solving ability.
- Must possess high level of flexibility and resourcefulness.
- Able to work in a sedentary role for large portion of the workday.
- Outgoing personality, positive attitude.
- High energy level.
STEP INCREASES or be determined by length of service and performance evaluation scores.
- High school diploma
- Bachelors preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel; ability to gain proficiency in Black baud’s The Raiser’s Edge
- Must have the ability to use mobile devices, computer, phone, copy machine, fax and scanner.
- Sedentary Work: exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. May involve sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.