This position is responsible for all aspects of preventative maintenance, maintenance and repairs to all automotive vehicles and motor powered tools, equipment and machinery to ensure maximum safety, efficiency and operation.
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality
- General maintenance of all Audubon Zoo and Park vehicles, including but not limited to, mowers, golf carts and a variety of motorized vehicles and equipment.
- Conduct a thorough daily inspection of train and carousel.
- Maintain and repair train and carousel.
- Establish and maintain an effective and efficient preventative maintenance program.
- Track expenditures and purchasing requisitions.
- Work with minimal supervision in conformance with established procedures, as well as effectively handle new situations.
- Maintain safe and clean work areas.
- Maintain storage, inventory and purchase of necessary equipment, tools and related goods to ensure efficient and timely completion of related work.
- Responsible for the inspection and brake tag acquisition for all Audubon Zoo and Park vehicles.
- Maintain and repair compressors.
- Complete Work Requests and other duties in a timely manner as assigned by the Director of Facilities.
- Willingness and eagerness to learn, accept and facilitate the use of energy efficient/conservation practices as they relate to the repairs, maintenance and upgrade of all Audubon Nature Institute vehicles and equipment.
- Must adhere to all regulations regarding animal safety and care.
- Interact positively and productively with all levels of Audubon Nature Institute staff, volunteers and guests.
- Must be willing to attend continuing education and training classes as deemed necessary by Director of Facilities.
- Must be able to work weekends.
Operate a financially self-sufficient collection of museums and parks.
- Conduct preventative maintenance on all generators.
- Purchase gasoline, diesel fuel, parts, and equipment for all Zoo and Park vehicles and equipment.
Experience: Must have five years experience with construction equipment, air compressors, generators in addition to , working with a variety of engine types including, but not limited to, small, automotive (gasoline, diesel and propane), electrical, and battery powered.
Education: High school diploma or equivalency
Licensure/Certification: ASE Certification preferred
Software Requirements: Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, mobile devices
Machinery/Tools/Equipment Requirements: Portable welder and hydraulic lift
- Must be able to exert up to 75 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 80 pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.