The Facilitator reports directly to the Assistant Executive Steward with direction from Catering Team as needed. Responsibilities include completing all physical set-up and tear down of all Tea Room functions and maintenance of Tea Room front of house (FOH) including exteriors. Assumes full responsibilities of Steward as directed at all event venues as needed.
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality
- Responsible for maintenance of all front of house (FOH) equipment (including but not limited to tables, chairs, staging, fork lift).
- Ensure all vendors set up and tear down per standards and policy.
- Set-up and break-down of tables, chairs and other small equipment for banquet and catering functions
- Help maintain an accurate inventory for FOH equipment.
- Assist with plate-up functions, ensuring plates are hot, plate tops are clean, steam tables are hot, and appropriate staff is available for plate-up when directed.
- Perform special cleaning, painting and maintenance projects as assigned.
- Ensure that floors are swept and maintained per proper cleaning and buffing procedures.
- Ensure front and rear garden (and paths from Goldring Plaza and Capital One) are free of debris and leaves
- Maintain organization of FOH equipment storage areas
- Maintain cleanliness of the restrooms, paper supplies and soaps.
- Be present to supervise vendor load-in and vendor load outs
- Execute and maintain logs and schedules
- Ensure all equipment is put away clean and ready for use.
- Responsible for cleaning bodily fluids in restrooms pre/during/post events as scheduled.
- Maintain presentable appearance and friendly attitude when interacting with guest to ensure quality performance.
- Familiarize with Audubon facilities maps and guest policies to extend help when needed to enhance guest experience.
- Communicate with front of house managers or captains before the events in regards to setting up and putting away tables, stages and chairs at the Tea Room.
- Communicate the need for repairs of equipment.
- Fill out labor reports as assigned.
- To perform stewarding functions as assigned by the assistant executive steward, executive steward, or chef.
Weave quality entertainment through the guest experience
- Follow all guidelines from Audubon Catering’s Green Restaurant Association (GRA) Certification
- Lead and assist with all recycling processes.
Educate our diverse audience about the natural world
- Follow guidelines for use of equipment to ensure proper use without damage or accidents; protect an prevent equipment loss
- Manage temporary labor to prevent unnecessary overtime
- Follow Audubon Vehicle operations and safety regulations
- Complete job tasks in efficient timely manner in order to manage labor expenses
- Use and store chemicals to prevent spills, over usage and compliance with OSHA regulations.
Supervision: (if applicable) Manages Temp Labor
Experience: Prefer at least 1 year of supervisory experience in Food and Beverage or Operations
Education: High School Diploma
Licensure/Certification: Valid driver’s license
Software Requirements: Must be able to read and comprehend written directions and proven written communication skills
Machinery/Tools/Equipment Requirements: Must have the ability to use mobile devices, computer, fax, scanner, and phone and copy machine.
- Sedentary Work: exerting up to 70 pounds of force occasionally, or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. May involve sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 70 pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Ability to adequately drive Catering box truck, cargo vans, and golf carts
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Available to work Monday through Sunday
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required and
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.