Must possess knowledge of the culinary profession and of the problems relevant to the direct management of the kitchen. Compose daily specials, utilize by-products, demonstrate specific culinary techniques and have knowledge of elementary cost accounting. Must exhibit leadership and be able to direct kitchen personnel to attain effective results.
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality
- Adhere to all of the various written and mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job.
- Oversee and manage kitchen staff; regarding work quality, discipline, organization. Test and present all specials for the service staff.
- Butchering, pastry, desserts and banquet production.
- Coordinate work of Saucier, Grillardin, Pantry and Utility personnel.
- Oversee food preparation and presentation.
- Organize Banquet mise en place. Taste and check mise en place from a pre-existing punch list.
- Assist in all areas of butcher operation when necessary to assure operation runs smoothly.
- Take responsibility of butcher in Chef’s absence
Weave quality entertainment through the guest experience
- Plan meals, specials, banquet functions, and special events (buffet menus), assist in planning all other menus as directed. Organize staff menu.
- Communicate effectively with Guests as well with fellow staff members to best service the Guests’ needs. Listen to and react with appropriate actions or follow-up with supervisor to satisfy the need.
- Conduct pre-service line-up.
- Planning and organizing banquet production and special events.
- Attend all meetings set by Chef.
Operate a financially self-sufficient collection of museums and parks.
- Paperwork to include work lists, inventory control, labor control, ordering and receiving.
- Help oversee total labor control.
- Requisition supplies from Vendors. Approve all requisitioned supplies on arrival.
- Assume control, stocking and sanitation of perishables, dry goods, chemicals, and fresh food stuffs.
Supervision: Manages the Back of the House Staff (Line Cooks and Kitchen Workers).
Experience: Minimum of 3 years kitchen supervision as a Sous Chef, Kitchen Manager or Chef de Cuisine
- High school diploma
- Culinary training or equivalent preferred
Licensure/Certification: ServSafe – up to date
Heavy work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. May involve sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.