The Shelters, Cabanas and Birthday Supervisor assists with booking birthday parties, Cool Zoo cabanas, Audubon Park shelter rentals and issuing park events permits.
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality
- Take direction from the Shelters, Cabanas & Birthday Sales Manager/ Lead Supervisor.
- Ensure that proper service standards are being met and upheld.
- Assist in sales and financial aspects of shelters, birthday parties and cabanas.
- Assist in maintaining accurate client files.
- Return all client phone calls within 24 hours of call and within business day of call, when possible.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with all levels of staff, visitors, and vendors.
Weave quality entertainment through the guest experience
- Assist the Sales Manager with office duties such as, but not limited to; returning calls, responding to computer leads, creating BEOs, sending confirmations, running deposits and finalizing invoices to ensure a quicker response to guests.
- Assist with booking, managing and executing all daily cabana rentals.
- Performs all duties for shelters rentals and races, which include, but are not limited to the following: answering phones calls, book rentals, enforce park rules, and making rounds in the park weekly as well as on days of events.
- Actively execute set-up, implementation and breakdown of items for birthday parties including but not limited to: food delivery and placement, making lemonade, chafers, service-ware, serving pieces, paper goods and decorations.
- Maintain cleanliness of birthday party venues, including but not limited to, trash removal, sweeping, mopping and general cleaning of space.
Position Title: Shelters, Cabanas & Birthday Supervisor
Department: Special Events
Reports To: Shelter, Cabana & Birthday Sales Manager and Lead Supervisor
Location: Zoo and Aquarium
Pay Grade: To Be Determined
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date Written/Revised: November 18, 2015
Operate a financially self-sufficient collection of museums and parks
- Cross sell Special Events for Zoo, Tea Room and Aquarium.
- Update average checks in Delphi for accurate forecasting.
- Up-sell as well as “close the deal” with clients in order to generate revenue.
- Produce all back up information including check requisitions, client invoices, and ensuring total payment for services are collected from clients.
- Maintain fiscal awareness of the cost to produce an event to assure maximum profit potential for Audubon.
Experience: prefer prior food service or events industry experience.
Education: high school degree required
Licensure/Certification: not applicable.
Software Requirements: Experienced in Delphi preferred.
- Heavy work: exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Involve sitting, standing and walking.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 60 pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures required.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions required.
- Must possess excellent listening, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team, with emphasis on ability to be a team leader.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply common office practices and procedures in day-to-day departmental activities.
- Demonstrate use of sound judgment and discretion in making decisions, which comply with established procedures as well as the ability to handle new situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and efficient relationships with all levels of staff, visitors and vendors.
- Ability to act with discretion and good judgment regarding confidential matters.
- Must have flexibility to work nights, weekends and holidays as business warrants.