The Assistant Executive Steward will assist in supervising day-to-day operation of the stewarding department. This position is responsible for total maintenance and sanitation in all food production service areas as well as managing, scheduling, and coaching our stewards. Reporting directly to the Executive Steward, the Assistant Executive Steward will be responsible for completing all steward functions for all Audubon Institute facilities. All Stewarding Supervisors and Stewards will report directly to the Assistant Executive Steward.
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality
- Responsible for maintenance on equipment used for guest functions to ensure incredible presentation and outstanding guest experience quality.
- Train Staff on Audubon and Stewarding policies on a consistent basis to provide the best guest experience.
- The ability to work closely with the Executive Steward to coordinate an adequate supply of china, silver, glass and other equipment used in service.
- Oversee completion of all pulls for events and delivery of pulls to their assigned locations according to the banquet Manager's instructions in order to provide quality guest experience
- Uphold all guidelines set by the Louisiana Health Department
- Responsible for interpreting event BEO’s
- Ensure BEO standards and requests are met
- Attend weekly BEO, Quarterly Management, and Audubon related meetings
- Supply proper equipment for plate-up services (ex. Serving spoons, hotboxes, steam tables, chaffing dishes,etc)
- Ensure all equipment is put away clean and ready for use.
- Oversee completion of all pulls for events and delivery of pulls to their assigned locations according to the Banquet Manager's instructions in order to provide quality guest experience
- Organize set up of tables and chairs in Aquarium Pisces room
- Be responsible for creating and reviewing maintenance and vehicle logs
- Ensure logs are executed by Stewarding supervisors
- Create, submit, and follow up on all work requests
- Contact appropriate personnel for items in need of repair
- Make recommendations for items that need replacement
- Understand/comprehend and update MSDS paperwork.
Weave quality entertainment through the guest experience
- Maintain presentable appearance and friendly attitude when interacting with guest to ensure quality performance.
- Help maintain Audubon Catering’s “Green Certification” status with Green Restaurant Association and help ensure front and back of house compliance
- Be familiar with Audubon facilities maps and guest policies to extend help when needed to enhance guest experience.
- Retrieve equipment from other facilities and return it back to its proper facility and location to increase time efficiency when responding to unexpected change.
- Comprehend the proper use and handling of chemicals safely around food.
- Responsible for managing the cleaning of AOA loading dock and TR services areas.
- Inspire team to provide top notch customer service at all times
- Help ensure high standards of food and beverage quality, service and marketing to maximize profits and insure outstanding customer service.
Operate a financially self-sufficient collection of museums and parks
- Must follow guidelines for use of equipment in order to ensure proper use without damage
- Manage temporary labor in order to prevent unnecessary overtime and wasted hours
- Follow Audubon Vehicle operations and safety regulations
- Complete job task in efficient timely manner in order to achieve financial sufficiency.
- Protect and prevent lost of equipment.
- Use chemicals properly to prevent over usage.
- Organize and count inventory and can make recommendations for items that need replacement or repairs.
- Responsible for scheduling employees as well as temporary labor and call appropriate personnel to repair items or work requests.
- Help maintain an accurate inventory for all china, glassware, silverware, chaffers the ensure equipment numbers are accurate for the guest experience.
- Responsible for the labor cost and overtime prevention on employee schedules as well as on your own schedule.
Supervision: All Steward supervisors, Stewards and Temp labor
Experience: Must have 2 years of Supervisory or Management experience in Food and Beverage; Culinary and Restaurant/Kitchen experience required.
Education: High School Diploma
Licensure/Certification: Serve Safe Certificate, valid driver’s license
Software Requirements: Must have basic computer knowledge, including the ability to maintain an email account as well as navigate Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel and essentially to be able to create spreadsheets for scheduling, inventory, and cleaning responsibilities
Machinery/Tools/Equipment Requirements: Must have the ability to use mobile devices, computer, fax, scanner, and phone and copy machine. Must have knowledge of various kitchen equipment: fryers, dishwasher, ovens, grills.
- Very heavy work: exerting up to 70 pounds of force occasionally, or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. May involve sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 70 pounds.
- Must be physically strong and a team player.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Ability to adequately drive Catering box truck, cargo vans, and golf carts
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.