The warehouse associate is expected to support the warehouse supervisor in day to day operational procedures in an effective and productive manner as it supplies merchandise to the retail stores. Timely and accurate completion of these duties is of the utmost importance to the effectiveness of the warehouse.
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality.
- Maintain proper inventory levels in stores by communicating with store management and buyer
- Report any inventory variances to supervisor
- Maintain a good working relationship with internal and external customers
- Maintain a neat and organized warehouse
- Participate in the ticketing of all items to ensure the process is timely, accurate and in accordance with company requirements
- Maintains a clean and professional appearance at all times.
- Reports to work as scheduled, must be able to work weekends / holidays and evening events as needed.
Weave quality entertainment through the guest experience.
- Knowledgeable of merchandise and the vendors.
- Responsible for accurately receiving, recording and pricing all incoming inventory.
- Correctly prepares and processes mail orders.
- Communicate merchandise stock level needs with store manager / supervisors.
- Adhere to proper safety measures when utilizing warehouse equipment, uses caution when driving golf cart, adheres to speed limit and stays off restricted areas.
- Flexibility to support store operations when needed.
- Knowledgeable of locations of Audubon exhibits, times of shows, hours of operations and other pertinent information that may be needed to assist visitors.
Operate a financially self-sufficient collection of museums and parks.
- Properly count and ticket merchandise on a timely basis minimizing errors that can cause shrinkage.
- Physically pulling and accurately transferring merchandise to stores.
- Prepare for and participate in the physical inventory process.
- Performs all other duties as required.
Experience: 1 year of retail environment experience preferred.
Education: High school diploma
Licensure / Certification: Forklift certification preferred.
Software Requirements: proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience with retail inventory management system
Machinery/Tools/Equipment Requirements: Must have the ability to use mobile devices, computer, fax, scanner, phone and copy machine. Must have a current driver’s license, requires operation of heavy equipment or vehicle.
- Heavy work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. May involve sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.