Assists with the day to day carpentry requests and carpentry related maintenance of both indoor and outdoor areas of the facility in a manner that will ensure a safe and aesthetically pleasing experience for both guests and employees of Audubon Zoo and Park
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality
- Act autonomously and professionally in all areas of responsibilities.
- Receive work requests, prints and/or sketches for requested jobs. Creates sketches showing construction details for job. Estimates material requirements, tools and costs needed to perform job in a timely manner.
- Ability to complete minor concert repair/projects.
- Receive, document and complete work using Computer Maintenance Management System.
- Set up and operate wood working tools to cut, form and finish materials for projects.
- Erect furniture including, but not limited to cabinets, shelves animal enclosures and wood decks and walkways.
- As needed repair and replace property including, but not limited to carpet, door locks, park benches and sheetrock.
- Maintain carpenter shop equipment and Camera Ready Standards.
- Assists with building and installing signage in Zoo and Park.
- Recommend changes and solutions to Facilities related issues.
- Submit reports of safety concerns or hazards to Facilities Director via Manager.
- Accomplishes other tasks as may be required and assigned.
- Must follow all guidelines, rules or regulations regarding Zoo and Park operations.
- Must follow all regulations regarding animal safety and care.
- Must have a willingness to participate in continuing education classes as deemed necessary by Facilities Director.
- Ability to work flexible hours, overtime, evenings and weekends is needed.
Operate a financially self-sufficient collection of museums and parks
- Purchases supplies and equipment within Audubon Nature Institute purchasing guidelines.
- Minimum 3 years experience in carpentry.
- High school diploma
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and Microsoft Outlook
- Must have the ability to use mobile devices, computer, fax, scanner, phone and copy machine. Must be proficient in the operations of the following: trailer, forklift, saws, impact guns, calculator, wrenches, concrete hammer and spray gun. backhoe, JLG lift and sky lift.
- Must exert up to 50 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. May involve sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.