Line Cook is responsible for all daily culinary prep work. Line cook is responsible for accuracy, food quality and presentation of orders to the Guests in a timely fashion.
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality.
- Line Cook will greet Guests with enthusiasm and friendliness.
- Accommodate any special food needs of Guests.
- Assures accuracy of food orders.
- Upholds all food safety and Louisiana Health Department requirements.
- Prepares food presentation with Audubon Standards.
- Knowledge of Food Safety.
Weave quality entertainment through the guest experience
- Adheres to Clubhouse Café uniform policy.
- Knowledge of all Audubon Institute facilities.
- Assisting other employees in the delivery of food orders.
- Participates in the creation of daily specials as to cut down on waste.
Educate our diverse audience about the natural world
- Participating in the Green Project of Composting leftover food product.
- Operate a financially self-sufficient collection of museums and parks.
- Being responsible and reporting any waste of product.
- Being instrumental in using left over product for profit.
- Informs Kitchen Supervisor of any concerns with fellow employees, malfunction of equipment, ordering of food product.
- Checks in deliveries with accuracy and checks for product quality.
Supervision: Assist the Kitchen Supervisor in keeping food cost down and adhering to Budget parameters.
Experience: Three Years in Food Service Industry as Cook.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Licensure/Certification: Food Safety Certification preferred
- Sedentary Work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. May involve sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.
- Ability to work Overtime, Holidays and weekends.