Responsible for overall aspects of cleaning and maintenance of the facility. Includes purchasing and record keeping.
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality (required)
- Because of the fluctuating demands it may be necessary that each Employee perform a multitude of different functions; therefore as an essential part of your job, you will be expected to help others when the need arises, just as other Employees are expected to help you. Accordingly you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed.
- Adhere to all of the various written and mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job.
- Ensure parts and supplies are available as needed; purchase parts and supplies, including hardware and chemicals for Clubhouse.
- Interview, hire and evaluate employees’ performance.
- Assist Director of Golf Course and Clubhouse Operations in scheduling and regulating work by outside contractors.
- Complete work orders for maintenance and repair of all refrigeration equipment and ice machines.
- Complete work orders for maintenance and repair of all lighting systems.
- Complete work orders for repairs of various equipment; including plumbing, locating throughout club (office, audio, restrooms, veranda, minor equipment, etc.)
- Schedule all painting and repairs around clubhouse, clubroom, veranda, snack bar, and exterior of building as needed.
- Keep records of preventative maintenance, parts ordered and received, work in progress and jobs completed.
Weave quality entertainment through the guest experience
- Communicate and interact with Department Heads to achieve common goals.
- Keep all areas of the club clean and well maintained where necessary.
- Keep carpets clean by vacuuming once a day and spot cleaning where necessary.
- Keep hardwood floors clean by sweeping and mopping once a day and spot cleaning where necessary.
- Keep restrooms immaculate by daily detail cleaning, polishing and mopping.
- Dust all furniture, shelves, chair arms, desks, credenzas, chandeliers, pictures, and artwork, including HVAC.
- Clean all mirrors, glasswork, and windows.
- Polish all permanent brass and wood every two weeks.
Operate a financially self-sufficient collection of museums and parks.
- Order all janitorial supplies while staying within pre-determined budget.
- Schedule employees and daily work assignments.
- Monitor status of job assignments on daily basis; initiate and monitor building inspections.
- Maximize energy management.
- Attend weekly Departmental staff meeting.
Supervision: Manages the Housekeeping Houseperson position.
Experience: 3-5 years minimum related Housekeeping/Houseperson supervision experience.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Software Requirements: Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Machinery/Tools/Equipment Requirements: Must have the ability to use mobile devices, computer, fax, scanner, phone and copy machine.
- Heavy Work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or a necessary amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. May involve walking or standing for long periods of time.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 80 pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.