Audubon Nature Institute offers unforgettable travel experiences for both the novice and seasoned traveler. Our expeditions will take you to places around the world for amazing adventures with some of the wildlife Audubon is working to protect. Escorted by an experienced Audubon Zoo curator your trip offers you a personal guide to the rare beauty of the birds and animals that inhabit our world.
Safari Mystique Under African Skies
June 17 - June 26, 2017
Join Audubon Nature Institute on an exciting journey to Kenya. Imagine wakening to the sounds of a trumpeting elephant and feeling the roar of a lion coursing through your body. Don't forget to breathe while watching a leopard stalking in the delicate treetops or the graceful arc of a giraffe craning above you at staggering heights. You don’t have to imagine when you’re on safari in Kenya. Explore the exotic wildlife of Sweetwaters at Ol Pejeta Conservancy and the flamingo-lined shores of Lake Nakuru. Watch an endless parade of animals come to the waterhole at your ‘tree hotel’ and spend two days roaming the rolling hills of the Maasai Mara in search of wildebeest, zebra, impala, gazelle, cheetah, and rhino. Each evening, share the day’s events while relaxing in luxurious lodges and tented camps underneath the starlit skies of Africa.
- Stay in some of the most luxurious safari accommodations in all of Africa, including romantic and modern tented camps, rooms perched in the boughs of a tree, and a lodge situated on the slopes of Mount Kenya.
- Visit a 200-acre chimpanzee sanctuary where you will marvel at this magnificent creature as he is reintroduced to his natural habitat.
- Witness the indigenous tribes of Kenya as they go about their day to day lives, observing centuries-old tribal customs from their farming methods to their dress.
- Take an (optional) balloon safari at sunrise for a once in a lifetime birds-eye view of the Savannah and the herds of miraculous beasts that inhabit them.
- Discover the iconic wildlife of Africa, a spectacle that has entranced the most seasoned of travelers for centuries. Here you'll intimately observe elephant, antelope, zebra, hippo, and lion.
- Journey to the Great Rift Valley, a huge geological fault line that separates Kenya North to South, covered with volcanoes, geysers, and unbelievable wildlife.
- Journey into the iconic Maasai Mara, where lions roam free and the tall grasses shield slinking cheetah and lanky wild dog from the untrained eye, while the giraffe and elephant tower overhead.
- Book an optional post-extension to Tsavo and Amboseli National parks to continue your breathtaking encounter with the African wilds.