Cool off at Cool Zoo, the wild and wet splash park at Audubon Zoo!
2016 Operating Schedule:
- May 16 - August 14 (Open 7 Days a Week)
- August 15-October 2 (Open Weekends Only)
SPECIAL OFFER: Buy one, get one half off admission for the remainder of the 2016 season!
Cool Zoo/Gator Run is subject to close temporarily during inclement weather.
Cool Zoo, a wild and wet splash park, is one of the top water parks in New Orleans and a hot spot for kids to cool down at Audubon Zoo. Highlights include Gator Run, jumping water spouts, a huge alligator water slide, spider monkey soakers and water-spitting snakes. There is also shaded seating, family restrooms, an expanded stroller area inside the splash park, a Snack N' Splash concession stand and The Cool Shop carrying a variety of summertime necessities. The splash park offers three different splash zones with one area specifically for toddlers and younger kids. Need a place to stow your items? Lockers are available for a fee.
Gator Run, the lazy river, is part of Cool Zoo and has quickly become a choice spot to beat the summer heat. Visitor favorites include the 750 foot lazy river with two sand beaches, lounge chairs, four water cannons, two water curtains and jumping jets. The lazy river is three feet deep and takes approximately seven minutes to make a round trip. Gator Run also offers a food cart concession area, outdoor seating, additional showers and restrooms. Rafts are free for all floaters and kids under 48 inches will need a life jacket (supplied by Audubon Zoo). Bring your own towel or purchase a new one in The Cool Shop!
Cool Zoo/Gator Run is located beside the Gottesman Family Endangered Species Carousel.
Cool Zoo Parties: Make your next party a splash at Cool Zoo! Read more.
$12 non-members / $10 members (includes tax)
Cool Zoo admission is an additional purchase to your Zoo ticket and includes Gator Run.
Everyone entering Cool Zoo, 2 years and older, must have a wristband including adults supervising children.
SPECIAL OFFER: Buy one, get one half off admission for the remainder of the 2016 season.
$14 non-members/ $12 members (includes tax)
Our best deal! Enjoy all-day, unlimited admission to Cool Zoo, Gator Run, Train rides and Carousel rides with the purchase of the Pay One Price (POP) attractions wristband.
Purchase Cool Zoo wristbands at the front gate or at the Carousel ticket booth.
Summer swimming lessons are available at Gator Run through SELA Aquatics. Southeast Louisiana Aquatics (SELA) is the local authority on aquatics safety and training providing a multitude of aquatic and safety training services.
- $70.00 for Audubon Members/$90 for non-members
SESSION #1: June 20 - July 2
SESSION #2: July 11 - 23
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9:15am - 9:45am
Rain out lessons will be Saturday from 9:15am - 9:45am
- Minimum Age = 4, Maximum Age = 12 years old
- Participants will be evaluated on the first day and placed into the appropriate Learn-to-Swim Level
- Report to Audubon Zoo's Front Gate by 9am for entry to swim lessons.
Note: If you are late, you will miss your lesson and will not receive a make-up or refund.
Read more and register online today!
Cool Zoo/Gator Run Rules:
- Cool Zoo wristbands must be worn at all times while in the facility.
- Children 12 years and under must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Families with strollers must park stroller in the stroller area or near the stroller parking located outside of Cool Zoo.
- Wagons, lounge chairs, swim toys and inflatable devices are not permitted.
- Suitcases, backpacks or coolers (with or without wheels) must not be larger than 28-quart size. One per family. Alcohol is not permitted. Glass containers, disposable straws and lids are not permitted for the safety of our animals. Audubon reserves the right to search coolers and backpacks.
- No smoking.
- “Family Appropriate” swimwear and attire is required and subject to splash park approval. Not allowed: visible undergarments, jeans, thongs, denim, long pants, belts, cut-off shorts, speedos, etc.
- Swim diapers required for children who are not potty trained.
- Swimwear must be covered before exiting Cool Zoo.
- Walk, do not run.
- No climbing up slides.
- Food and drink must be kept outside of splash zones.
- Maximum capacity: 2,000
Gator Run River Rules:
- No food allowed in the river.
- Children under 48 inches tall must wear a life vest.
- No stopping and standing in place while in the river.
- No diving.
- Do not leave tubes in the river.
- No street shoes allowed in the river.
- Maximum capacity: 350
- By attending Cool Zoo/Gator Run you consent to Audubon Nature Institute's photography policy.
Designed by Audubon Studios.