Boo at the Zoo
Please note: Tickets will only be honored for night purchased.
- Friday, October 20 - 5pm
- Saturday, October 21 - 5pm
- Friday, October 27- 5pm
- Saturday, October 28 - 5pm
Bring your little ghosts and goblins to Boo at the Zoo! This annual Audubon Zoo extravaganza is a safe, fun-filled Halloween event for children up to age 12, featuring trick-or-treat houses with candy, Ghost Train (which can be scary for children and adults), a haunted house (scary and non-scary), games, entertainment and more. All games and treats, except concessions, are free with admission.
Enjoy the following activities and entertainment, nightly at Boo at the Zoo!
- Zombie-themed Ghost Train Ride (train line closes at 7:30pm each night and may be scary for all riders.)
- Monster Maze by a-MAZE-ing returns
- Laser Tag Game and Angry Bird Launchers provided by Games2U Nola
- Scary and non-scary Haunted Mansion
- Trick or Treat Houses for the little goblins and ghouls to stock up on candy and treats
- Fun games and inflatables
- Special location for Toddler Area in Audubon Zoo’s Cool Zoo area (sorry, no water will be running!)
- Live entertainment on two stages
- Star Wars characters
- Audubon Zoo Animal Encounters 5pm - 8pm
- Endangered Species Carousel included in admission
- And much more!
All animal exhibits will be closed during Boo at the Zoo.
Tickets are available online or at any Audubon attraction.
- From August 1 through 31: Boo at the Zoo tickets are $15 per person (adult or child)
- Beginning September 1: Boo at the Zoo ticket prices are $17 per person (adult or child). Handling fees apply.
- Adults and all children 12 months and over must purchase tickets. Children under 12 months of age are admitted free.
- Event is 5pm-9pm. Ticket holders may enter at any time. Each person entering the event needs a ticket.
- Boo at the Zoo is a fundraiser for Children's Hospital and Audubon Zoo. Should a ticket holder be unable to attend, your purchase should be considered a donation; there will be no refunds nor will tickets be honored on another night or year.
- Event is held rain or shine.
- A limited number of tickets will be sold for each night.
- Event usually sells out.
- Tickets will be honored only for the date purchased. Those ticket holders attempting to enter on another night will experience denied entry.
- No outside food and beverages allowed.
- Designated bags are distributed at Boo at the Zoo and are available for children to use for Trick or Treat. Please use only these bags. Bags will be distributed at entrance to trick or treat area.
- Ghost Train Ride closes at or around 7:30pm! Train ride can be scary for children and adults.
Be a part of the third annual Boo at the Zoo Costume Contest and Stroller/Wagon Decoration Contest!
- Put together a creative, spooky, funny or imaginative costume and wear it on your body.
- All costumes are welcomed. Costumes may be homemade or purchased. However, keep your costume “G” rated as this is a family event.
- You must be between 0 - 100 years old and not dead. If you appear to be dead, but can walk, that is okay.
- Strollers/wagons must allow for the transportation of at least one child.
- Groups must consist of a combination of adults and children.
- Groups must be a minimum of 3.
Best Group Costume; Best Stroller/Wagon.
All elements of the costumes must be wearable or carried. Wagons/strollers must be pre-decorated at time of contest. (Guests cannot enter both categories.)
How to Enter:
- Download and bring your completed Costume Entry Form with you to Boo at the Zoo.
- Hand in your entry form by the Capital One main stage. If you didn't print out an entry form in advance you can sign up during the event.
- After confirmation of entry is received, all groups and those with strollers/wagons must report to Main Stage by 7:15pm or forfeit entry.
- There is no additional fee to enter once in the event.
- An impartial panel of mostly alive judges will determine the winners, announce them that night and award prizes. Each night the winners of each category will receive an Audubon Nature Institute Family Membership.
Boo at the Zoo is presented by Bryan Subaru
Children's Hospital is a proud partner of Boo at the Zoo and proceeds from this event benefit Audubon Zoo and Children's Hospital.
How do I get tickets?
You can purchase your tickets online at audubonnatureinstitute.org. You may choose the “print at home” option in which your tickets will be e-mailed to you and you may print them from any computer or you can choose to have your tickets placed at Will Call. No tickets will be mailed. Please double check the night for which you are purchasing. Sold out nights will be removed from the ticketing system, so please note the date before you finalize your purchase.
If I choose to have my tickets placed at Will Call, when and where can I get my tickets?
You will receive an e-mail with a confirmation number once you have placed your online order for tickets. Bring this confirmation number to a ticket window at any Audubon facility during normal operating hours to pick up your tickets. No tickets will be mailed.
What should I do if I lose my ticket?
If you chose the “print at home” option, you can reprint the ticket from the e-mail that was sent to you. Each ticket has a unique barcode and is only valid for one use. Once a ticket is scanned upon entrance, any duplicates will be voided and admission will be denied. If you picked up your online ticket order at Will Call, your order can be looked up and tickets reprinted at the facility, however, the original tickets will be voided and admission will be denied.
Am I allowed to bring in food and/or beverages?
No ice chests or outside food and beverage will be allowed with the exception of baby food/formula. Food and drinks will be available for purchase inside the event.
Do Audubon members receive a discount on tickets?
Boo at the Zoo is a fundraiser for Children’s Hospital and Audubon Zoo. No ticket discounts are offered. For questions regarding your order, call 1-800-774-7394, for all other questions call (504) 861-2537.
I can't make it for the night I purchased tickets. Can I switch them for another night?
Tickets will be honored ONLY for the night purchased. You are welcome to sell your tickets to another person and purchase tickets for another night—providing there are tickets available. Boo at the Zoo is a sell out event.