Go behind the scenes at Audubon Aquarium of the Americas for an up-close encounter with an endangered African penguin. This is a once-in-a lifetime opportunity for an intimate, hands-on experience with a penguin in a private encounter area. A member of the Aquarium’s husbandry team will be with you to answer questions and guide you through the experience. Your ticket also includes admission to Audubon Aquarium of the Americas before or after your scheduled time!
- Thursday afternoon at 1:30pm; and Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 10:00am and 1:30pm
- $115/person Members; $125/person Non-Members (plus sales tax)
Backstage Penguin Pass Highlights:
- Meet a penguin up close!
- Learn about penguins and how the Aquarium cares for them.
- Visit the Aquarium Prep Kitchen where food is prepared for the penguins and many of the Aquarium’s animals.
- Receive a penguin painting created during the experience.
- Take your own photos to capture the unforgettable moment.
- Available Thursday afternoon at 1:30pm; and Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 10:00am and 1:30pm. The last ticket sold for an experience will be 15 minutes before the tour.
- Includes admission to Audubon Aquarium of the Americas before or after your scheduled time.
- Tickets are $115 per person for Audubon members and $125 per person for non-members (plus sales tax).
- Encounters are limited to 6 guests, 4 years of age and older.
- All participants 16 years and younger must be accompanied by an adult chaperone (21 or older).
- One adult must accompany each child under 10 years of age (one adult per child).
- Every person attending must have a ticket.
- Advance tickets recommended.
- Guests with food related allergies should be aware that our aquatic animals may be offered shellfish, finfish or crustaceans.