Audubon Nature Institute is the nation's largest collection of nature-themed attractions. Our internationally acclaimed facilities welcome over two million visitors each year. Audubon relies on our volunteers to celebrate nature with these guests, and Audubon Greeters are our front-line representatives making our first—and best—impressions.
Being an Audubon Greeter is not only an important job, it is also fun! Greeters enjoy working in a beautiful facility filled with wild animals and get to meet interesting people from all around the world. Apply today to come work on the wild side as an Audubon Greeter.
Audubon Volunteer Orientation will be held at the Zoo on:
October 11 from 6 PM to 9 PM
October 14 from 1 PM to 5 PM
November 4 from 1 PM to 5 PM
December 2 from 1 PM to 5 PM
The training is held once a month on Saturday afternoons. Once you have completed the training, you will be able to start working as an Audubon Greeter. Greeters are needed 7 days a week between 9:30am and 3:00pm at Audubon Zoo.
Opportunities available to Audubon Greeters include:
- Working at the beautiful Audubon Zoo and Audubon Aquarium of the Americas
- Greeting & assisting guests
- Answering questions & distributing information
- Assisting with special events
- Opportunities for advancement as a shift supervisor
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Complete the Greeter training program (offered monthly)
- Pay a $25 course fee to cover training and uniform expenses
- Commit to volunteering a minimum of 50 hours annually