Go behind the scenes at Audubon Aquarium of the Americas for an up-close encounter with an endangered African penguin. This is a once-in-a lifetime opportunity for an intimate, hands-on experience with a penguin in a private encounter area. A member of the Aquarium’s husbandry team will be with you to answer questions and guide you through the experience.
- Thursday afternoon at 1:30pm; and Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 10:00am and 1:30pm
- $115/person Members; $125/person Non-Members (plus sales tax)
Follow Kohl the Penguin tweeting from his unique birdseye view inside Audubon Aquarium!
Backstage Penguin Pass Highlights:
- Meet a penguin up close!
- Learn about penguins and how the Aquarium cares for them.
- Visit the Aquarium Prep Kitchen where food is prepared for the penguins and many of the Aquarium’s animals.
- Receive a penguin painting created during the experience.
- Take your own photos to capture the unforgettable moment.
- Available Thursday afternoon at 1:30pm; and Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 10:00am and 1:30pm. The last ticket sold for an experience will be 15 minutes before the tour.
- Includes admission to Audubon Aquarium of the Americas before or after your scheduled time.
- Tickets are $115 per person for Audubon members and $125 per person for non-members (plus sales tax).
- Encounters are limited to 6 guests, 4 years of age and older.
- All participants 16 years and younger must be accompanied by an adult chaperone (21 or older).
- One adult must accompany each child under 10 years of age (one adult per child).
- Every person attending must have a ticket.
- Advance tickets recommended.
- Guests with food related allergies should be aware that our aquatic animals may be offered shellfish, finfish or crustaceans.