Lives at Audubon Zoo
Did you know?
- Rabbits have an excellent sense of smell, hearing and vision. They have nearly 360° panoramic vision, allowing them to detect predators from all directions. They can see everything behind them and only have a small blind-spot in front of their nose.
- Rabbits have extremely strong hind limbs which allow them to leap great distances. They can jump up to one yard high and three yards long.
- When rabbits ‘binky’, this is an expression of joy. They will run, jump into the air, twist their body and flick their feet.
- Rabbits are affectionate social animals that enjoy the company of other rabbits.
Adopt An Audubon Nature Institute Rabbit for Spring!
This seasonal special animal adoption includes a special edition 12" plush bunny, color photo, thank you letter and certificate of adoption.
Adopt by Friday, April 7, 2017 at 5:00pm (CST) for Easter delivery!
Wild Child Plush Package, +$50.00
Includes: All adoption benefits plush a special edition 12" plush bunny
Adopt an animal and support all the animals in Audubon's care.
Your symbolic animal adoption helps care for the more than 15,000 animals (including mammals, fish, birds, invertebrates, amphibians, reptiles, and insects) in Audubon's care. Because of your generosity, Audubon's animals enjoy the highest quality care, world-class exhibits and stimulating enrichment activities. Adoptions are symbolic. All adoptable animals may have many adoptive parents and all adopt animals must remain in their Audubon homes. Adopt an Animal packages include domestic shipping only. Please call for international shipping rates.
Adopt An Animal benefits include:
- Personalized certificate of adoption
- Color photo and fun facts about the adopted wild child
- Thank you letter
Questions? Please call (504) 378-2723